Seven Things to Consider When Looking for an International Screening Partner
Posted: September 15, 2021
As our economy becomes increasingly global, it is critical that companies execute international employment screening legally, accurately, and efficiently. Because international screening has the potential to be complicated and difficult at times, many companies turn to a background screening company to help them through the process. Unfortunately, we recently learned of yet another well-known employment screening company eliminating international background screening products from its product offerings. Unfortunately, this seems to be an emerging trend.
If you are in the market for a new international background screening partner, here are a few things to consider:
- Turnaround time – Ask the potential international screening partner about average turnaround time for an international background check. Standards in other countries can vary greatly from that of the U.S. and the average turnaround time for an international verification is 15 to 20 business days. In contrast, Info Cubic’s average turnaround time for international searches is 8.9 days. You should also ask a potential partner if its researchers are native and fluent in the language of the country they are contacting.
- Extensive knowledge about international screening compliance and operational nuances -International background screening can be extremely complicated so before diving in, it is important to understand a country’s applicable privacy laws, labor laws, position-specific laws, and requirements, along with operational nuances that can make or break your background screening effectiveness. If this is daunting, find a partner that understands all of this. Be sure to ask about a potential partner’s experience knowledge on specific countries’ compliance and operational nuances.
- Strong customer service – Ask a potential international background screening company about its customer service. Is it US-Based? How long does it take them to answer the phone and respond to e-mails?
- Accuracy – Ask the company about its accuracy rate for international background checks. Info Cubic’s internal staff communicates and audits our international researchers daily, personally reviewing each international order, ensuring updated status notes are continually entered as new information becomes available. This hands-on approach ensures that our client’s international orders are completed as accurately and quickly as possible.
- Pricing – Ask a potential international screening company about its pricing since it can vary widely for international background checks.
- Language translation – If you are going to be working with applicants who speak a language other than English, ask a potential partner if their client portal has a translation feature. For example, Info Cubic recently added Google Translator to our client portal, The Cube, which allows us to support other languages besides English for our applicants and clients (although the forms for applicants are in English unless they are customized).
- Resources for a positive candidate experience – You will want to find an international screening partner that offers mobile-friendly tools to streamline the applicant experience.
Info Cubic Enhances International Screening Products
Info Cubic is a premier provider of international background checks services, working closely with a thoroughly vetted and reliable international network. This allows us to provide robust coverage around the globe (covering 230 + countries and territories) in the most cost-effective and timely manner possible.
We offer international employment verifications accurately and quickly with the best international turnaround times in the industry. While so many companies are stepping away from offering international background checks, Info Cubic continues to enhance our international screening offerings, which cover the following areas:
- Criminal Search
- Civil Court Search
- Education Verification
- Employment Verification
- Global Monitor Check Plus
- Drug Screening
- Motor Vehicle Records
- ID Check
Info Cubic would love to be your international screening partner and offer you unparalleled customer service, international compliance knowledge and fast turnaround times. For more information on Info Cubic’s international background checks, please contact us at (888) 925-0922 to discuss how we can support your organization’s global hiring needs.