Resources for Navigating COVID-19’s Challenges
Posted: July 30, 2020
For employers and HR professionals, the increasing number of COVID-19 cases is likely causing some anxiety. With numerous decisions and issues looming, you are likely asking many questions: “Is safe to reopen my office? Can I ask my employees to return to the workplace?”
You’re not alone. Unfortunately, it appears that the COVID-19 pandemic is here to stay for the foreseeable future. Employers and HR teams all over the world need to make informed decisions that are in the best interest of their employees and create safe workplaces.
The onset of COVID-19 has created an avalanche of new laws, regulations, and guidelines affecting companies and their employees. Creating new policies and procedures can be a daunting task but luckily, there are many resources that you can take advantage of without having to recreate the wheel or go through the process alone.
Here are a few helpful resources to help you navigate through COVID-19’s challenges:
- Utilize respected trade organizations such as The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) that have a strong pulse on HR issues and regulations.
- Visit your local Chamber of Commerce’s website for updates on regulations and laws affecting your business. You can set up alert notifications, so you never miss an important update.
- Refer to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) for guidance in creating a safer workplace.
- Refer to the Department of Labor (DOL) and your State Department of Labor for help with new policies such as the FFCRA (Act). They have free printable posters that you can hang in the office to ensure your employees have easy access to all the information they need.
- Now is the time to rely on your service providers who are experts in their field, so you don’t have to memorize every new rule and regulation. These partners, including Info Cubic, are available to help you sort through your employment screening needs, your human resource information systems (HRIS platform), etc.
- Reach out to your company’s health insurance carriers to see what services they can offer your employees regarding COVID-19. For example, your employees may not be aware that many health insurance companies are offering free COVID testing and/or waiving fees for the testing.
- Check out Info Cubic’s new podcast series, “Back to Business Toolkit,” where we examine different issues affecting the employment and background screening industry and offer tips on getting “Back to Business.”
Info Cubic recommends these resources for help ensuring your workplace is as safe as possible, and that you are ready to support your team as you navigate through these turbulent times.
As always, please feel free to reach out to the Info Cubic team at 888-925-0922 if we can help you in any way. We are excited to help our clients get “Back to Business.”
Human Resource Generalist